The Struggle to Hollywood: Finding Your Niche



Finding Your Niche
It was time to meet again and Shelton gave it much thought to what Shawn talked about in the last meeting. It has been seven months since they graduated and their lives have taken turns in breaking into the business. This meeting for once Shelton had something to offer.
Shelton said, “Hey Shawn, I want to thank you for your speech you gave last meeting and I gave my life a lot of thought. I thought what I was good at and what I wasn’t and maybe acting wasn’t for me at least for now.”
Christy said, “What are you talking about Shelton, you’re giving up on being a big movie star?”
Johnny asked, “Please elaborate on what you mean?”
Shelton stated, “I gave it much thought and I’m not going for any acting gigs no more, but that doesn’t mean I’m giving up on entertainment. I’ve been taking all the advice from the meetings into account, studied great stand up comedians, and went to stand up comedy school. I have my first gig in standup comedy this Friday in New Brunswick, New Jersey.”
Shawn said, “I have to say I’m impressed, this is a change of thought from what we are used to with you. What changed your mind?”
Shelton said, “When I was taking everything into account and studied on something on finding your niche and looked into comedy. Even when I was younger I had the knack to make people laugh. This has been my niche and I specialize in comedy like Will Smith or Chris Rock. That is who my style is from and I respect what they have done for the business. It was then that I made the decision to go into standup comedy.”
Johnny said, “This is a good idea Shelton. Maybe I haven’t been going for the right roles. My niche is more of a serious actor and I have been going for commercials. Maybe I should start with plays and work my way up like Shawn.”
Shawn added to his comment, “That’s a good idea. I’m just a natural and that’s why I get the major roles and that’s my niche. I guess that’s why other people have to work harder to get their roles, but for me it’s easy. I see your point Shelton. What about you Christy?”
Christy is deep in thought.
Johnny asked, “What’s your opinion Christy?”
Christy said, “I have been thinking about this answer and I guess my niche is drama, but I’ve been going for commercials. Maybe I should try those parts even if I go for small roles at first.”
Johnny said, “Thank you Shelton, I know you gave the others and me good advice. I am going to take that into account from here on out maybe I will get my first role.”
They left with a sense of renewal. Shelton had found a new path in his life that had opened up and Christy was ready to shift gears maybe she was ready for drama roles. As for Johnny, he was ready to have a new attitude and get himself out of the rut he was in. Maybe this was going to be a big break for him. Shawn was going to continue doing what he was doing. We will find out next time what their future in acting will behold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Sesame Street Records For Sale on eBay.com

Highlighting 3 Players from the 1980's

Will 1980 Happen Again for the US Olympic Hockey Team?