The Struggle to Hollywood: The First Audition



The First Audition
            Johnny Hogan and his friends Shawn, Christy, and Shelton met at Michael’s Pub one month after their graduation. They were all excited and had discussed their first audition. Christy noticed that something was wrong with Johnny.
            Christy asked Johnny, “What’s wrong?”
            Johnny responded, “I tried out for a commercial with Cowboy Roast Coffee Company and they turned me down.”
            Christy said, “Don’t feel bad Johnny I tried out for a commercial with Candle Shoe company and they turned me down to, but you have to stay optimistic and have a good attitude if you’re going to stay in this business. I’ve been meeting some good people who could help us out. How about you Johnny, did you meet anybody when trying out for your part?”
            “No I just keep to myself and focus on my scenes when I went for an audition.”
            Shawn then commented, “Johnny, you’re going to go nowhere if you don’t socialize. I talked to all the producers, the director and other actors when I tried out for a play called George Washington’s Stand and I got the part.”
            Shelton and Christy congratulated Shawn for getting a role.
            Johnny said, “Leave it to you to get an acting gig before us and who do you play in this play, Benedict Arnold.”
            Shawn commented, ‘Ha Ha, I forgot to laugh. No, Johnny, I play George Washington.”
            Christy then commented, “You should be happy for him Johnny. At least one of us got a role.” She turns to Shelton and asked, “How did you do Shelton?”
            “I tried out for the star role in a blockbuster movie Pirates of the Mediterranean Sea and I got rejected.”
            Shawn said, “Don’t they have an actor for that lead role already. I guess you just wasted your time.”
            Shawn then continued, “Hey I got to go for my play and good luck and sorry you couldn’t get a role like me, bye.”
            Johnny said, “Rub it in Shawn, “I’ll make it to Hollywood before you do.”
            Shawn left with a chip on his shoulder which left Johnny, Christy and Shelton wanting to work even harder to get a role. We will find out what happens next month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highlighting 3 Players from the 1980's

Some Sesame Street Records For Sale on eBay.com

A Bio of Joseph Woods in A Soul Warrior's Journey