The Struggle to Hollywood: The Graduation



The Graduation
            Johnny Hogan and his friends had graduated from acting class. They were going to find out how tough it was to break into the acting business. They needed to craft their skills.  Nothing comes easy and if it did, they would be lucky. For in acting, you have to be lucky and pray that your big break comes. Also, you have to put the work into acting.  Johnny Hogan and his friends Shelton Lawrence, Christy Miller, and Shawn Johnson were eager to start their acting careers. They didn’t know where to go or what to do to start. They only got bits and pieces of what they were supposed to do from class, but this only helped them to learn how to act, but not finding a job in acting.
            Johnny and his friends after their graduation went out to Michael’s Pub. It was a diner that they went to after their class in New Jersey and they had a lot to contemplate since graduating.
            Johnny said to the group, “Do we know what we are in for with acting or where to go?”
            Shawn replied, “You know Johnny, you should do your homework if you are going to break into this business. We are next to the biggest city in the world in New York City, where there are lots of acting opportunities and there are even acting roles in California if you want to travel that far.”
            Shelton said, “Hey I don’t know about you, but I’m going for the big roles, and I’m going to be a big time movie star and you’ll see me in the Walk of Fame. You’ll see.”
            Johnny said, “Shelton, don’t you have to go for small roles and work your way up. That’s how it’s done in acting or any field.”
            Shelton commented, “No, I’m going straight for the top.”
            Shawn replied, “Get prepared for them to turn you down. They are going to reject you so get prepared for it.”
            During the conversation Christy just sat there and listened until she was overcome with anxiety and said, “This is the last time we are going to see each other.  We are going our separate ways after this. We should at least keep in touch once a month to let each know how we are doing in this business. We will need to stay connected and maybe we could help one another out.”
            Johnny said, “That’s a good idea Christy. Once a month we should meet up to discuss how we are doing. We will meet at Michael’s Pub every month unless we move to Hollywood or something. We should at least make a pact to help each other no matter what.”
            They all agreed and planned to meet and then they discussed the topic of finances amongst each other.
            Johnny said, “After school I now have a lot of bills to pay for. I mean, I have a job now, but what am I going to do for my expenses while I try for acting jobs.”
            Christy said, “That’s what going for small roles in the beginning will do. The roles will help you with the money troubles that you will have.
            Shawn said, “I don’t have this problem, I saved everything and I didn’t make any mistakes with my money. Everything is paid off.” Shawn than gave a smug laugh afterwards.
            Johnny said, “You know Shawn, you could be arrogant at times and there are words I want to say, but I won’t. Bottom line is no body has it easier then you. Shawn, you were the best student in class and if I know you better, you’ll be the first to back out of our deal to help each other to make it.”
            Shawn said, “You’re just jealous because you’re not as gifted as me, but I’ll be at these meetings every month just to show you how well I’m doing.”
            Shelton commented, “Hey I’ll be on the top before you guys with my movie star role.”
            Both Johnny and Shawn laughed. Johnny said, “Sure you will.”
            Christy than added, “There always is a competition between you two, Johnny and Shawn, even in class you two tried to out stage one another.”
            “Hey Christy, I was trying to play my role to the best I could play it,” Johnny added.
            Shawn said, “Johnny has always been jealous of the way I act and he knows that he can’t do it better than me.”
            Johnny in an agitated way said, “I’m going to do it right. I’m going to work to the top to make it to Hollywood.  They may reject me several times, but I’m going to make it. You’ll see. I’m leaving! I got an acting job to find.”
            Shawn egged Johnny on. “Well I’ll have my acting job before you.”
            Johnny grunted and left. They all left leaving with a desire to find an acting job. They just didn’t know where that road would take them. As for Johnny, he hoped he would get his role before Shawn did. What was going to happen to them now that their acting careers were under way?
           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highlighting 3 Players from the 1980's

Some Sesame Street Records For Sale on eBay.com

Will 1980 Happen Again for the US Olympic Hockey Team?