The Struggle to Hollywood: A Job in Construction



A Job in Construction
            It was time for Johnny and his friends to meet at Michael’s Pub. Johnny and Christy took Shawn’s advice in joining The Acting Society. Johnny met an actor named Bill Jones from The Acting Society. Bill Jones is an actor who is trying to get his big break in Hollywood, but is in New York at the moment. He helped Johnny get a job in constructing the sets for commercials. Johnny brought him to Michael’s Pub to discuss opportunities to be made by constructing a stage for acting.
            Johnny said, “Hey Shawn, I took your advice on joining The Acting Society and I’m glad I did. I brought Bill Jones with me today to talk about the acting opportunities in the business. He is from The Acting Society. I hope you don’t mind.”
            Christy said, “No I don’t, we could use all the help we can in breaking into this acting this business. What do you have to offer Bill Jones?”
            Bill Jones answered, “There are plenty of acting opportunities in acting, but before you get a part, you have to pay your dues. You have get the coffee for the director and producers, you have to spend time to build the set, and even pitch ideas to them even if they are rejected. This is how you break in. You also truly have to love what you do even if you feel like quitting at times.”
            Shawn said, “I agree Bill, with acting you have to know the stage you will perform in. It is like a wrestler with constructing the wrestling ring. Before they perform a match, they know every area of that mat and the real good wrestlers know every move that wrestler does. It truly is an art form. Bottom line you need to know your surroundings.”
            Johnny commented, “I know this to be true. In my one month working with the stage, I’ve learned a lot about the props being used and about the scenery. Each stage tells a story and you get a feel of what will take place there. It truly creates that illusion.”
            Christy said, “Bill could you help me out. I like to get involved in building a set.”
            Bill responded, “No problem Christy.”
            Shelton then argued, “I don’t need to know the set. I’m a natural and I will perform in any stage.”
            Bill laughed and said to Shelton, “Take it from me Shelton; if you don’t pay your dues in the acting business and know your stage you will go nowhere. I started to pay my dues two years ago and I’ve stared in some commercials. Eventually I’ll get the bigger roles, but I have to pay my dues first.”
            Johnny said, “Listen to Bill, Shelton; he knows what he is talking about.
            Shelton argued again, “I’ll make it to Hollywood my way. I may fall flat on my face first, but I’ll make and I’ll pay my dues that way.”
            Bill said, “I guess everybody has a way of making it, but I suggest you know the stage. The stage is a big part of acting. It goes hand in hand with knowing your lines.”
            Bill left them with knowledge they need to know as an actor or actress. They need to pay their dues and they need to know their stage. Johnny took this advice from Bill and now he is learning the stage. Johnny took his first step towards success and that was learning the ropes. Next, he will take center stage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highlighting 3 Players from the 1980's

The Role of Sting in the nWo Era in WCW

Some Sesame Street Records For Sale on eBay.com