The Passage of Joe: Drive



On this Passage of Joe I want to talk about drive. What drives the force within? Let me tell you a story, last year my job didn't give me the hours. I was maybe at one day a week at both jobs. I was told I needed to find another job by a boss even though I'm still there. I might have quit and give in, but I got driven. I couldn't let life get the best of me, so I wrote. I finished two books I was working on last year and I also had extreme pain in my mouth, but I kept going and didn't give in. And still I hold out for something intangible that doesn't make sense. I hold out for my dream with writing. Even if there isn't money there, I do it because it is a way of being. It is a part of me.

In life we got to want to do things or life will bury us."Life will beat us into the ground" as Sylvester Stalone said in Rocky Balboa. And many of us lose focus of our drive. Many of us make excuses or settle with what life gives us. And we slowly die within and become empty and I was there before. But I learned to fight. I learned to come back every day even when the abuse would continue. I came back everyday even when life beat me up a little bit more. I came back when life seamed emptier day in and day out. And even when I wanted to run and hide, I came and fought and despite what people say I left to spiritually train and find myself for a greater cause then before. That's why I write every day or almost everyday and when I don't write, I read or watch videos or listen to audiobooks.

Sure this may be a path least taken, but it's the price for my dream and I have to continue even if I might lose everything. I've lost everything before and wound up in debt, but it only drove me more to get out of the emptiness I was in.

It's what drives me. And life has no meaning if you aren't driven by something. For some its sports, for some it's the love for animals, for some its doing videos, or for some like me it's writing. Life can be so empty if you have nothing in your life that makes you live. Life can mean so much more if you have that desire to live. The desire to fight and say no despite how bad it is. This is what makes us do what we want to do in life and find true success.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highlighting 3 Players from the 1980's

Some Sesame Street Records For Sale on eBay.com

A Bio of Joseph Woods in A Soul Warrior's Journey