Update for the Month of April 2014

Last month I didn't accomplish that much with my writing I attempted to start a segment to a blog called what am I grateful for? And I tried to continue a blog entry called The Passage of Joe. I did complete an interview and was working on another one, but I have been busy outside of writing. I have been busy working my two jobs and working on getting my finances in better shape then before.

This is what I will cover on the update for the month of April. Money is very essential to live and I have been reading a book called Smart Couples, Finish Rich. It has given me idea on how to put aside my money. I am like most people, I didn't spend my money right, but I am here to say it is not to late for anyone. People who are in their 50's can do it. Luckily I'm 34 turning 35 this year. I have a ways to go, but I'm going to get there. It all starts with saving money and building up a fund. Then start putting more aside for your debt rather it's bad debt or college loan debts. Start doubling up your payments and as David Bach mentioned in the Latte Factor. We are spending on small things we don't need. And I heard from one of my close friends who told me if we spend on things we want, we sure as hell better put that aside.

Sometimes people who aren't making that much money value their dollar more than those who have it. The rich sometimes spend more than they make and wind up broke. Bottom line as I learned the hard way it takes control and saving up to do something with your money and it takes doing something with it afterwards rather it is in retirement, emergency fund and a dream fund. It's better to do this rather than the immediate gratification of getting something. Sometimes you have to resist that urge and this is what I've learned during lent. Even though I am not perfect I worked on giving up buying books for lent. This has taught me about control and even though I know I spend, I have the power to give up something.

Giving up buying books is not easy and the temptations are there. Every time I walk into Barnes & Noble or a used book store, that temptation is there. I have to remind myself that I can't buy it for this reason. In turn I gained an appreciation for the books that I have. And instead of looking anywhere else, I am looking at my home or even the library.

I know that this is not what I have accomplished with my writing, but in life there is a whole lot more and even though I am a writer, situations have to be in order before anything else is done. I still learn and work on my dream even though I took a break, but now I've come back again and again. I might not write as much as before because I am starting a book. So I have a lot on my plate and when I'm ready details of that book will be ready.

Keep on reading and stay with this blog, my best stuff has not been made yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highlighting 3 Players from the 1980's

Some Sesame Street Records For Sale on eBay.com

Our Right to Freedom and Our Struggle