Compromise

I've been think a lot about what this next blog could be, but I am going to write about compromise.

Life is compromise. People may not agree with your point of view in life and many people are stubborn with their perspective. There is a great divide. Especially now with society. However, this is the time where I dwell on how bad this divide is and try to convince you to compromise, but I'm not going to do it. I'm going to explain to you my reality and the importance of compromise in how we are compromising between each other in a relationship and compromising with ourselves everyday.

First let me describe about the sixth insight in The Celestine Prophecy. It deals with our control dramas and our understanding what our parents meaning to life had on us. I will discuss what my parents meaning had on me and help you to understand where I'm coming from when I write.

My Dad is a religious person. He is a devoted Catholic. However, he has seen the decline in the church and how much it's changed even though his views are different from the new evangelization of Vatican 2. He is said to be doom and gloom about politics and religion and he preaches to people when he works, even though recently it seems he doesn't have the energy to carry on this fight. He is alive and well, but his passion to preach isn't there as much as before. He is not a priest, but a barber.

My Mom wanted to write and has a creativity to make scrapbooks with former pictures and she cooks, but does it in a way that's unique. She has interest in history. I believe she wanted a simplistic life, but work had caused her a lot of stress and didn't want it.

I am a mixture of the two. I adapted my Dad's passion for religion and politics even though our perspectives are different and I have the tendency to preach at times. Maybe I adapted the ability to research a topic from both parents. I always was in my own world. I picked up my passion to write from my Mom.

It's a cycle in life what I can't accomplish it life my children will. We don't see this because we are faced with the struggles with our lives, but a paradigm is shifting. People are seeking a true meaning to their beliefs now and have challenged the face of religion. The old ways are breaking down, but with compromise we could understand the other person perspective. We might not like it, but a lot of animosity has been caused from centuries for the lack of compromise.

I feel like I'm sounding preachy, but there is another solution I am given hint by my woman everyday it just a matter of me listening to the message. One of them is to not be preachy and look at things in a positive manner. I guess this is what my Mom wanted with my Dad. It's only Ironic I'm in the same situation as my Dad, but we are not yelling at each other despite when we disagree. This is where we compromise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highlighting 3 Players from the 1980's

Some Sesame Street Records For Sale on eBay.com

A Bio of Joseph Woods in A Soul Warrior's Journey