Pop Discusses Selling Back in the Day

 



In a discussion with my Dad, Pop, I had an interested chat discussing how my Pop sold items back in the day. In the 1980's there was no internet so they had to gather somewhere to sell item. My Pop in this podcast discussed sourcing and also the main location.

Pop's Main Source for Items

My Pop's main source in finding trinkets or costume jewelry as he called it he got from "Garbage John" as he called him was alive back then. Garbage John saw value in what others had thrown away. I guess another mans trash is another person's trash. And my Dad saw an opportunity in what he saw was another person's trash. 

Now that my Dad got these items he had to turn it into profit. He had a family to take care of and he gave a labor of love where he bought me and my brother baseball cards. Even though this was known as the "Junk Wax Era," These cards are worth something now about 35 to 40 years later. Some of these cards are iconic. 

Pop Goes to Collingswood, NJ for The Flea Market to Sell items

With the Collingswood Flea Market around. My Dad went to The Flea Market with my Pop Pop his Pop. And seeing my Dad sell when I saw him recently was like Davinci creating his next masterpiece. My Dad had a knack for selling and he worked the tables. 

To find out more for where you can find this podcast it's at Selling Back in the Day: The Me and Pop Show Episode 1 Season 1.

Check out The Joseph Evaldi Network on Facebook, On Wolfman Joe on X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highlighting 3 Players from the 1980's

A Bio of Meir Ben-Haim in A Soul Warrior's Journey

This One is on Mental Health Awareness Week